Last updated on November 5, 2016
What’s the first thought you have after you read a really great book? (PS Here are the 18 books that changed my life…)
What is it?
…Rubs hands together while I use my mind reading skills….
You go look for other books by that author.
Point being is that if people like your stuff they want more.
At the exact moment your customer is interacting with or just found your biz, they are MOST excited!
So you want to funnel them into other FUN experiences with you instead of letting them go.
They WANT IT.
Create a funnel marketing plan (or marketing sales funnel) to connect them to other fun activities (and beneficial to you).
Let me show you a real example so that you can use this in your business!
While at Mint.com, people signed up to find out when we would launch:
Imagine what a visitor is thinking:
“Damn this is tight. I can’t wait to find out when this goes live…”
After someone submits their email, most companies just ask them to confirm their email and go about their day.
The customer leaves with an online version of “blue balls.”
Not at Mint.com…
1. After submitting your email, we asked you to take a survey. This helped us better craft our marketing and the customer got to help us figure out the product.
2. Then we had a 2nd section of the survey called “VIP”. The person could refer friends and answer even more questions. This gave them earlier access to Mint.
3. Then we asked them to post a badge on their site to show ‘I want Mint.’ This is one of the key ways we ranked for keywords like “personal finance tool”. We had more traffic than all of our competitors combined…before we even launched.
We could have done more but do you see what I’m getting at?
People wanted more and we needed help too, both parties won.
As you are creating your funnel marketing plan, the key thing is WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF IT?
For Okdork I have a few objectives:
1- Get more Twitter & YouTube Followers
2- Figure out which topics to write about
3- Find the sites I should get traffic from
So let’s see how I set that up.
After you subscribe to the Okdork newsletter, I realize you may want to learn more about me, so I send you here: http://okdork.com/bonus
I added a 1-4 simple checklist so people can be more involved.
(If you do it then I’ll send you my never before published and written years ago story of life at Facebook)
Feel free to copy!
Imagine seeing a billboard for some new website while you’re driving home.
You have to remember the website, drive home, not get hit by a car, cook dinner, listen to your significant other nag you about bills, then get to the computer…and what was that website again?
The BEST time to get customers to go deeper with you is when their interest is high. Also get more subscribers by asking! It seems simple but have you asked your Twitter followers to sign up for your emails? What about visa versa?? Once you have subscribers, here’s how to reduce your unsubscriptions.
For this post, I wanted you to read it… but here’s my funnel:
1. You read this post. Done
2. I want you to comment so I know people are reading. Leave a comment here.
3. Now maybe a few of you will create your own funnel marketing plan which was my objective in the first place. 🙂
Congrats Yael on winning the awesome Dropcam Wireless Video Camera that was generously hooked by the guys at Dropcam for her comment!