The March Show
Last updated on March 15, 2018
I love new technology.
From being one of the first to try Uber to helping create the Facebook Ads platform, I’ve tried tons of new technology inventions over the years.
My thought with new technology: “If it sounds too good to be true… they’re typically onto something.”
In today’s episode, I share my favorite new technology — plus my favorite recent lessons from people like Tim League from Alamo Drafthouse, my favorite recent books, and more things I’m loving.
In this episode, you’ll learn…
- The weird strategy my new co-host David uses to stay positive (it has to do with movies)
- How I met someone I admire recently — and how you can use the same strategy
- My favorite recent piece of advice about how to grow and improve
Things I talk about in this episode:
- Big Fish: One of the movies that makes me cry
- Sufjan Stevens: Depressing music for when I need to feel
- “Daylight” by Matt and Kim: A hipster song I’m really into recently
- Twist is the New Twerk: A fun album of music covers using old instruments
- Alamo Drafthouse: Epic movie theater created by Tim League that serves alcohol, has restaurants inside, and more
- Stephen Covey: Love the late Stephen’s principle about depositing in the bank account of trust to build relationships. Check out his books
- Chessbrah: Led by Grandmaster Eric Hansen, Chessbrah is aiming to make chess cool again
- Brandless: Popular non-brand products for only $3 each
- Bird: Dockless electric scooters created by a former Uber and Lyft executive
- Omaze: Raffles for charity with INSANE prizes
- American Kingpin: Awesome book which reminds me a little of the TV series Breaking Bad
- Ice to Eskimos: Really good hidden business book from someone who used to work in the NBA
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: A book about how to live a life full of purpose
- Creativity, Inc.: How does Pixar continue to create hit after hit? This book is an inside look at their success
- Big Mouth: Netflix show you’ll like if you enjoy Family Guy
- Super Coffee: Really good coffee I love without sugar with high protein
- KingSumo: We just launched the new version. If you’re trying to grow your email list, podcast, social media followers… this is the best tool. Click here for behind-the-scenes stats from our launch.
- Bo Bikes Bama: We’re raising $25,000+ to help Bo help the children and people of Alabama
To get the full episode — and learn my favorite new technology plus more — check out the full episode below.