The 8-Figure Email Newsletter — Morning Brew
Last updated on May 2, 2019
In 2015, Alex Lieberman launched Morning Brew — a daily business newsletter with a co-founder Austin Rief.
They saw a gap in how business news was delivered and they built something something they wanted.
Today, the Brew has over a million subscribers… with nearly 50% open rate! #damn. That’s 2x higher than a normal “good” open rate.
Plus, this daily newsletter has turned into an 8-figure company. 💵
In today’s episode, I talk to Alex about his journey of starting and growing Morning Brew.
You’ll learn 3 main things:
- How to get your first 1,000 email subscribers — having a quick feedback loop, using guerilla tactics for user acquisition, and advertising advice.
- Dealing with anxiety. Yeah, we talk about some real shit. Learn the challenges in growing a company, and steps you can take to keep you performing at your best
- Tips to removing business bottlenecks (and keep growing your business)
Plus a lot more.
Stuff we talk about:
- What it takes to build a successful business. A product that people love + attention and trust + focus on an existing market (with people who are already paying for a solution).
- Facebook ads and referral marketing. We talk about how to grow an email list using Facebook ads and referral campaigns.
- The trifecta of staying sane. Alex shares tips in dealing with his anxiety issues: sleep well, eat well, and exercise.
P.S. Click here to check out SumoRide. Come party, ride bikes, and contribute to a fun cause!