How to Scale a Business (Tips from an 8-Figure Company)
Last updated on April 20, 2020 - My Free Marketing newsletter 👀
Today I’m going to show you exactly how I run an 8-figure company.
This business stuff takes time.
We’ve tested TONS of things over the years.
The majority of things don’t work. 🙁
BUT a few things work great.
So we learn, then do more of what works best.
Here are my top takeaways for you to scale your business.
#1 — Have a clear numerical goal with a deadline.
- Revenue, email list, etc.
#2 — Raise the bar to “8-figure decisions”.
- Understand your opportunity costs of each decision
#3 — 10x the things that work.
- Test many things, then do more of what works best
- Ads, affiliates, email marketing, etc.
- Get started now
#4 — Do weekly pulses.
- How are we doing against our only 1 goal?
- How are leading indicators going?
- Notice trends over time
- Email signups, traffic, refund rate, conversation rate.
#5 — Optimize the 80%.
- Build a great foundation of effectiveness….
- Mouse trackpad, phone, internet, laptop, etc.
- Learn to type faster (Keybr, Ratatype, 10 fastfingers)
#6 — Sharpen your daily tools.
- Gmail/Outlook, Zoom, etc.
- Enable keyboard shortcuts (shift + ?)
- “/” takes you to the search bar
- Learn 1 a day
- CMD + A (mute)
- Space bar (temporarily unmute)
- CMD + I (invite)
#7 — Optimize your sleep.
- Memory foam mattress
- Oura Ring
- Ooler Sleep System
- Weighted Blanket
- JCP Satin Sheets
- T&N pillow
- Tinted windows
#8 — Setup your ideal weekly calendar.
- We all have the same amount of time in a day
- Color code calendar so you can see how you’re allocating your time
- Auto repeat activities (reduces mental energy)
- Reduce weekly meetings
- Think, what are you looking forward to this week?
#9 — People are the differentiators.
#10 — The 10 year rule.
- Do something for 10 years to become a millionaire
- Pick a tidal wave to ride
- Find something solving your own problem or that’s fun for you
Comment below what you will do for YOUR business.