How to Make a Great Day
Last updated on April 2, 2017 - My Free Marketing newsletter 👀
How's Your day?
How many times have you gotten that question? 100. 1,000. More like 10,000+
Most people answer, "fine," "okay," "boring," "meh."
The more truthful you are with others the better relationship you will be able to form.
It got me thinking what are the elements of a Great day.
If you knew what it would take to make a great day, that makes it infinitesimally (big word!) easier to make it a reality.
Just imagine. If you knew what you what it took to create your own great day, you can do it as often as you'd like.
I wrote down what my great day looked like and wanted to share:
- Have a good nights rest (7+ hours)
- Honest and insightful breakfast with a friend. Delicious coffee and a conversation that left me feeling more energized after it was over.
- Set out a productive to-do list and accomplished all my items.
- Allowed / enabled myself to work on things that are fun for me.
- Healthy lunch at Koriente with Laura Roeder (obviously not everyday:P ). Includes new insights about myself and able to share some widsom to her as well.
- The ability to be vulnerable to my business partner Chad and have a productive conversation.
- Went for a jog. (I've learned a lot from running...)
- Promoted a great product (one that I love and use) on AppSumo and the sales did well.
- Text with some girls I like.
- Happy to control / do / change what I can in my environment relating to work. Making things better / improved vs waiting around for changes to happen..
- Congruency and clarity of thought and actions throughout the day.
- Empowered the people around me to be better
- Had a great balance of energy level throughout the day
- Ate a delicious home-made Jerk Chicken and quinoa. Bonus if I created a new smoothie with my Vitamix that tastes amazing.
- Double Bonus if I can share this over a great conversation with a close friend.
One of the things I do every morning is ask myself what would make today great.
It doesn't have to be a big thing. It can be lunch with friends, making a smoothie, eating a taco or accomplishing something at work.
(When I don't have great days, I have 36 ways to deal with depression.)
What does your great day look like? How do you make a day great?