2019 Ecommerce Marketing Insights
Last updated on September 5, 2019
Today, I’m sharing 5 ecommerce marketing insights for 2019.
Here they are:
- Advertising is generally up to 50% revenue for ecommerce businesses. Specifically Facebook, Instagram, and a little bit of Google. Most successful businesses are very reliant on social media ads. Don’t be too over-reliant, though. Make sure you’re hedging your revenue from other channels.
- Don’t push email marketing out of the picture yet. Email is still a MAJOR channel for businesses. 20-30% of ecommerce revenue is generated from email marketing. Even cooler is, 50% of revenue comes from automated emails. It’s important to have an onboarding or welcome series that drives revenue to your store. An abandoned cart email. And maybe a post-purchase follow-up or upsell series.
- Influencer marketing can work if you do it right. I asked my friend Nick Bare how he makes influencer marketing works for his ecommerce fitness brand. His advice… Find influencers who are close to hitting the big time. Start with “smaller” people, and build a relationship. Give the product for free. Encourage them to share their experiences with the product. Track the effectiveness of your influencers on a spreadsheet.
- Replenishable, regular products are awesome! Sell products that get consumed REGULARLY. Things that people have to buy on a regular business… makes it so customers keep coming back. How can you get your customers on subscriptions? Or create products that get people buying often?
- Have some partner giveaways with other brands. You’ve seen these on Instagram. Find relevant brands and host giveaways with them. We’ve seen this work really well using our tool KingSumo
What ecommerce marketing tips did I miss? Leave a comment below, I’d love to hear your #1 ecommerce tip.