SEO Case Study With Brian Dean
Last updated on May 13, 2019 - My Free Marketing newsletter 👀
In this episode you’ll learn how Brian from Backlinko made $100,000 from a 2,000 person email list, the specific metrics for optimizing YouTube videos AND 1 tactic that permanently changed OkDork after this episode.
Brian gives a ton of actionable tips to help improve your SEO and some surprises like having more pages doesn’t necessarily make your site easier to find in search engines. Get ready to take some notes because you’re going to want to use this stuff right away.
Lessons learned in this episode:
- How to not get bored creating niche content.
- With mastery comes greater enjoyment.
- How Brian made $100,000 on a 2,000 person email list.
- Most course purchases are made near closing.
- Simplify your marketing and don't overwhelm your customers.
- Who's on your list matters.
- Embrace beginners mind to learn new skills.
- Using "pattern interrupts" to make your videos better.
- How and why to buy online courses to shortcut learning.
- Mastering audience retention and why it's important.
- Quantity of information is not as important as quality.
- Promotion tips and tricks for new content.
- Avoiding premature automation.
- How to evaluate existing properties for growth.
- Why more content can negatively impact SEO.
- Enhanced and compressed goal setting.
- Delete old content that's not adding value.
The Challenge: Use the step-by-step instructions to delete under-performing content.
Leave a comment and tell me how you did on this week's challenge!
Links discussed in this episode:
Backlinko on YouTube
Video Creators with Tim Schmoyer
Video Overtake University