The journey of creating a physical product [case study]
January 17, 2017Last updated on January 22, 2017
Dustin Lien is a reader turned friend who is experimenting with a new business called Fit Fly Shaker that I helped fund. This episode of Noah Kagan Presents is the first episode in a series where we’ll follow Dustin’s business journey and learn about what works, what doesn’t work, and how to focus on your goals and tactics.
Direct Download Link
Right-click and select ‘Save As…’
Subscribe in iTunes – Subscribe on Android
Questions and topics in this episode:
- What is your business and where are you today?
- How long have you been working on it and how’s it going?
- How much have you invested in the business so far
- How long from idea to prototype?
- Where did you find your manufacturers?
- How do you prototype the product?
- What’s your total revenue to date?
- How long have you been selling them for?
- What’s worked in your sales and what’s not worked?
- The difference between passive and direct marketing.
- Discussion of targeted email, referral, and follow-up tactics.
- How did you build your mailing list?
- What are the 2017 goals for the company?
- Goal setting workshop and target focusing.
- Goal simplification tactics.
- The $100 Challenge
- Mapping and tracking company goals.
- Accountability buddies.
- Focusing on where the demand for the product is.
- Understand why people aren’t buying.
Links discussed in this episode:
Fit Fly Shaker
Dustin on Instagram
The Five Foot Traveller