The 18 Books that Changed my Life
Last updated on April 2, 2017
A few months ago, I was drinking a Noah’s Mill whiskey (cute) with my good buddy Brian Balfour and talking about life….
During the conversation we got on the topic of books that changed our lives.
I want to share them with you. (Click to tweet and share with others)
I judge a book’s success if a year later I am still using at least 1 thing from the book.
My takeaways are what I still remember from the books, you may get even more out of these!
Paradox of Choice – Barry Schwartz
- At restaurants, close the menu after you find the 1 dish that you like
- Choices can be evil. Being satisfied with things will make you so much happier than always going for the maximum.
The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr
- It’s not about how much time you have in your day but how you allocate you energy
- You need to allocate time for yourself to recharge
- Spend time with people that give you more energy
Setting the Table – Danny Meyer
- Create an experience that is like nothing else
- Be authentic to yourself
- Treating the customers exceptionally is the differentiator in business
Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink
- Great hacks on ways to reduce calories instead of just trying new diet fads
- Hide the food you don’t want to eat
- Put out the portions of food you want instead of just eating from the bag
- Using science / data to make decisions / impacts on our eating habits instead of opinions
These books reflect a full life, not just business.