Some of you know that last year for fun I spent most of it sleeping on peoples’ couches. Why? Because my friends are awesome. So after returning from the great country of Argentina I figured it was time to get my own place and share the couch.
Problem? It takes a LOT of time to get a place in San Francisco. Plus, you have to do many interviews, resumes, credit checks, full body searches, etc… There are a lot of apartment hunting tips online, but they always take more of your time….
Solution? I found a person in Bulgaria using elance.com to help me on Craigslist. Here’s how to apartment hunt,
a) take my criteria for places I want to live in: Potrero Hill, Inner/Outer Richmond, Cole valley
b) contact them with a template I created below:
your place sounds chill. hopefully i am flexible enough as a male to qualify for your place.
– i run a small start-up based in san francisco making online games. we are funded & profitable, ie. i can pay rent:)
– i am originally from san jose, went to uc berkeley and have been working at start-ups since 2004 (intel, facebook, mint.com, kickflip (present). (Check out how I was fired from Facebook a $100M dollar lesson and why I quit Mint.)
– i like cooking, running, biking, chess, watching movies,wine and pretty much anything else fun.
– i will likely be working from home a fair amount of the time and/or not home at all as i do a fair amount of traveling.
– i am 26 and enjoy fun, nice people, no drama and good times.
– i do like to cook so i will be using the kitchen albeit if there is one:)
cheers, noah 510 866 6624
c) I had him create a gmail account, email people with semi-customized emails and schedule appointments around the times I am free.
Result? I got a place! …but then this morning the guy backed out of it so I am on the hunt again. If anyone knows a place in Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay or San Francisco I am looking for a room around $800.