Grouporation = Group + Collaboration
Company: GoMobo.com is a mobile food ordering service. We allow customers to order food in advance via text message, get an exact ready-time confirmation message back, and skip the line at busy coffee and lunch shops in NYC.
Problem: We have done a LOT of things for adoption but we want it faster. We have done:
- A full marketing presence in the restaurants with banners, signage, window decals, tons of in-store marketing material, in-store promoters and staff wearing GoMobo shirts, etc.
- Flyer teams flyering neighborhoods where GoMobo has a cluster of restaurants.
- Taken email addresses in-store, but had limited results from that.
- We’ve tried having customers text their email address to our shortcode (46626) to receive a reminder email, but seen limited success with this approach.
- Tried in-store signup, but it’s difficult to ask someone to enter credit card details in-store and also difficult to convince them to invest the time to signup for a time-saving service when they’re most feeling the pain of waiting.
- Played a bit with online marketing, but even with tools like Google Local, targeted keywords, and Loki, it’s hard to target this marketing to the proper geographical audience.
Question for you: It seems like we have tried it all. What else do you think we should try to get the ball rolling and have a more viral marketing surge as we expand?
Note: The best 5 posts on this will get a GoMobo hat (black-army style or white-baseball style, your choice) and a black GoMobo t-shirt.
Please leave a comment and help if you want your site, product or service to be reviewed in the future.