I think many people don’t realize this including myself but everything starts from somewhere.
- Dell started from a dorm room with Michael Dell wanting more from computers.
- IBM was created by Thomas Watson wanting to make calculating more easily.
- Google was started after two Phd students want a better ranking of information.
- Hewlett-Packard got its life in a garage in Palo Alto by two more Stanford kids.
- Starbucks was founded after Alfred Peet taught some people the true essence of coffee beans.
- Krispy Kreme got its plumpness after Vernon Rudolph wanted a better donut.
- In-n-Out created its delightful food in Southern California by the Snyders.
- Amazon was started in New York when Jeff Bezos realized a great opportunity.
Notice a pattern. Large companies start somewhere. Large companies start at 1 person. I think as these companies grow most people think they were born large. Have you ever seen a 16-year-old baby come out of a woman? I hope not! The point here is that everything starts somewhere.
Bottomline: Small idea can roll into big ones; think big about what you are doing.