Written by Berry from Money Thinking.
Just kidding but Noah says titles are important
Noah’s brilliant… he saw my free business idea and decided it would be a good thing to post on “Friday’s Free Business Idea” day. Just brilliant… smart on my part too for customizing my offering to fit his MO. I also bribed him with burritos…I thought I read that he liked burritos somewhere but maybe not…but I told him I’d buy him a burrito if he let me post.
My name’s Berry by the way.
Here’s my idea: “Reverse Blogging”
Normal Blog= Author decides the topic…readers respond.
Reverse Blog= Reader decides the topic…bloggers respond.
Trust me there are LOTS of places that have lots of input and replies. Like Meta Filter and any number of wikis and forums, etc.
But, this site would buck the trend…it would have… deep breath… relax… GATEKEEPERS! Here is an article about gatekeepers in the web 2.0 era…Here’s another. I have not been around long enough to answer all these “new media”, “pinko”, “long tail” marketing pr type web 2.0 questions… but I digress.
Here is how the reverse blog idea might work:
1. People visit the site and ask a question about personal finance (or another subject- but that’s my favorite).
3. The bloggers choose just one question a day to be answered.
4. Bloggers answer the question.
5. The bloggers choose which answers display on the home page.
6. Bloggers get links to their blog every time they answer a question.
7. The answers are not threaded (but some mechanism for dialogue may be developed).
THE BOTTOM LINE– The page would have good quality questions and good quality answers…which may mean good solid traffic. This could lead to strong offline press.
If you’re a programmer and would like to pursue this let me know…I’ll pay for the hosting and help a you develop the concept.
Thanks Noah, I’ll put your burrito in the mail!
Berry’s Money Tip: Spending money is not saving money. If you spent $17 on a shirt that WAS $49 you did not save $32. You SPENT $17. Get that right and you’ll spend less because you’ll be less emotional about how much you “Saved”.