I wrote another post that had some hints of why a title is important. I don’t think it got the attention it deserved and was going to spend this post writing about how important titles are. While I was planning on doing this I found a site called Copyblogger.
Lately, there have been only a few sites that create unique and insightful content:
- Noah Brier writes some really deep and interesting thoughts on the new web. This last one about connectedness was really good.
- Tara Hunt has some great ones on building a community and on why she didn’t attend blogher.
- Fred G of Lazy Way to success is a great lazy blogger. He has extremely thoughtful posts on how he hitch hiked the country and 10 signs you are an entrepreneur.
But this Copyblogger site made me shit my p*nts. I am sorry for being so blunt but his posts and writing style are amazing. He has very interesting topics, doesn’t use a lot fluff and gives some of the best advice on how to make your blog the best. His “title” post is nearly verbatim what I would have said so I thought I should show some highlights:
1. The Secret of [insert here]
2. What everybody ought to know about [blank]
3. Here’s a quick way to [solve a problem]
Bottomline: Titles are SUPER important and people need to put more time into them. You can have great content but I have over 300 feeds in my blog reader and only read the ones with interesting titles. Make sure yours grabs attention. You can read his full post here.
Read his FREE eBook on viral marketing and strategy. He really should have charged at least $5 for that book since the information in it is extremely valuable. I honestly think he is just a much sexier version of me since most of his posts are similar to my ideas. If you don’t read his site you are nothing.
Haha, okay that was mean. Seriously, if you want to develop a quality blog, his site is the gateway to that. Enjoy. Also the design is amazing by Chris Pearson, check him out for your next design work.
As always please feel free to share, distribute or eat any of my posts.
Read the rest of the series on how to improve your blog traffic:
#1 Getting on Top of Digg, Reddit or Del.icio.us is EVIL
#2 Excuse me, Who are YOU?
#3 Get em While They’re Hot