I am about to sleep but I just couldn’t resist from sharing this challenge. I want you to choose which scenario happened at Facebook and which at Intel. These are real life scenarios acted and lived out by myself.
Scenario #1: While browsing the web at work
- 5:30pm, Noah is browsing the internet so happily
- 5:32pm, Manager says to Noah, “hey why are you hear so late. Am I working you too hard”?
- 5:33pm, Noah joyfully suggests he is finishing off stuff and goes back to web browsing.
Scenario #2: While watching the great 24 and going through work emails.
- 3:20AM, Noah emails an employee asking for advice so he can fix something himself
- 3:22AM, Employee responds with “Done. The problem is fixed. Did I earn my cookie now?”
- 3:25AM, Noah emails back employee with “Good boy! What type of cookie you want?”
Which company is which scenario? It was just a striking thought on the cultures of two different companies. I could do more analysis on why companies behave differently but was hoping you could share your thoughts.